The most colourful and explosive night of the year is here – bonfire night! Here’s our top tips for you and your little ones to have a fantastic time as well as keeping safe this bonfire night.
1. Keep Warm
With the winter weather slowly creeping up on us it’s important not to get too cold this bonfire night – you don’t want to spoil the fun because you have a chill! Keep your little ones warm and stylish with our kids Autumn/Winter outfit ideas and layer yourself up with our cosy range of women’s knitwear and brand new Winter coats for men!
2. Firework Safety
Fireworks are the main event for bonfire night and look fantastic but whether you are at an organised event or have your own it’s always important to keep you and your little ones safe while enjoying the show.
- Light fireworks at arms length and stay well back
- Only light one firework at a time
- Do not have naked flames such as cigarettes near a firework
- Read and follow firework instructions carefully
- Direct rockets well away from spectators
- Don’t allow babies or children near where fireworks are being set off
- Never return to a firework once it has been lit
3. Stay Safe with Sparklers
- Wear gloves at all times to protect your hands
- Keep babies and small children away from sparklers incase they unexpectedly try to grab one
- Keep sparklers at arms length
- Keep a safe distance between you and others
- Make sure you have a bucket of water ready to put out your sparklers
4. Bonfire Safety
- If in your garden make sure it is situated well away from your house
- Site bonfires away from other flammable objects such as fences, hedges, trees and sheds
- Keep a safe distance from the bonfire
- Never leave a bonfire unattended
- Keep a hose/bucket of water nearby for emergencies
- Bonfires make an ideal refuge for hibernating hedgehogs – check yours for hedgehogs before you light it!
6. Have Fun
Bonfire night is great fun for all the family. You could even organise bonfire treats such as toffee apples, hot chcoolate or a warm spiced cider for the adults. Just remember to stay safe and you’ll have a fantastic time!