Are you attending the prestigious Royal Ascot Ladies’ Day this year? If you are then you are one lucky lady. However, before you dust off your best dress, you might want to take a look at the Royal Ascot Dress Guide for 2014. The strict guidelines will definitely make you want to hit the shops to find your sophisticated yet stylish formal attire.
Ladies in the Royal Enclosure must abide by the following rules:
- Ladies may wear a formal day dress, or skirt and top
- Dresses and skirts should be of modest length, defined as falling just above the knee or longer
- The straps on dresses and tops should be at least one inch wide (2.5cm)
- Jackets and pashminas may be worn, but dresses and tops underneath should still comply with the Royal Enclosure dress code
- Trouser suits are welcome. They should be of full length and of matching material and colour.
- Hats should be worn. A headpiece with a base of 4 inches (10cm) or more in diameter is acceptable as an alternative to a hat (no fascinators).
Now that is a dress code that is strict enough to throw any woman into wardrobe panic! No fear, with our options you will walk through the gates feeling like you are part of the Royal Family (minus the Prince, sorry!). Even if you are not attending Ladies Day, if you stick by the Ascot dress code for your special summer event, you will be sure to look flawlessly elegant.
The Dress Edit
Summer florals are always a firm favourite and this Boutique number is no exception. With a modern take on the classic print, this dress oozes elegance thanks to the luxurious fabric and exquisite detailing. Team it with a statement necklace and an Ascot-appropriate hat for an outfit that is fit for a royal.
Prom dresses are definitely having a moment and this little red number is a firm favourite with the M&Co team, we think the Queen will approve too! Go simple with accessories and let the dress take centre stage.
A classic little black dress needs no introduction but make your look monochrome with contrasting white or cream accessories. The monochrome trend was seen all over the catwalks this season and by teaming your LBD with a cream hat, you could be ahead of the trends come race day. Need another reason to go for the classic? You will definitely wear this one again, all you need to do to transform this number is update your jewellery.
Looking for a dress alternative? Well a full statement skirt will not only update your look, it will also help you stand out from the sea of feminine dresses on parade. This printed skirt complements our beautifully detailed top for a modern take on a classic look. Don’t forget to jazz your outfit up with statement jewels, they might not compete with the crown jewels but give it a good go!
Fingers crossed the sun keeps shining for your special event!