Inspired by Chelsea
With the Chelsea Flower Show fast approaching and the season of garden parties and outdoor events around the corner, we want to make sure you’re up to date with all things floral.
Not only do the fabulous flowers and award-winning designs of the Chelsea Flower show inspire our gardens at this time of year, they also influence the way we dress and, this season, it’s all about bright florals and tropical prints.
Fun Flower Show Facts
In order to grow some excitement for the flower event of the year, we thought we’d share some fun facts about the Chelsea Flower Show:
- Originally, The Chelsea Flower Show was called ‘The Great Spring Show’ and was held at the RHS garden in Kensington. In 1913 the show moved to its current home in the grounds of the Chelsea General Hospital.
- All Show Gardens are built from scratch in 19 days and are dismantled in only 5 days.
- Gnomes were banned from the flower show until 2013 when 150 gnomes were assembled to greet the Queen to the show. Garden designers still try and sneak them in, despite the ban being back in place.
- The showground covers 11 acres and acts as a number of playing fields for the rest of the year.
- In 2009, over 2,000 bottles of champagne and 46,500 glasses of Pimms were drunk at the Chelsea Flower Show.
- The royal family are fans of the Show and attend the opening day every year. The Queen has only missed 12 shows.
Floral Fashion Edit
Having massively appeared on the catwalk earlier this year, it’s clear floral prints are here to stay this summer and, right now, we’ve got plenty of them in our new summer collections.
Whilst we’re all for a bit of print clashing, we suggest you keep it toned down when it comes to florals. Work an entire outfit around your favourite hero piece and use the colours in the print to inspire accessories.
Say it with a skirt
Midi skirts are perfect for day-to-night wear and can be so easily dressed up or down.
We love this tropical midi paired with a luxe lace jersey tee and topped off with our must-have denim jacket. A cool, collected look, perfect for heading to the flower show in the morning and then straight out for dinner and drinks.
Dress it up
At this time of year our social calendars fill up with garden parties and formal occasions that require a tad more outfit planning. So, whether you’re attending a wedding or a graduation this summer, we think florals will be fitting.
Our gorgeous new floral midi dress is perfect for any event and can be easily glammed up with a fascinator, colourful heels and sparkly accessories.
Wear it with a waistcoat
It’s always handy to have a summer statement piece and we think this floral waistcoat might just be it.
Perfect to wear all year round, this lightweight sleeveless top will add something special to any outfit. Throw it over your dress for work during the day or pair it with an embellished top and jeans at night. We love the addition of tan accessories to this outfit too.
Grow your imagination and plant some florals in your wardrobe this summer. Shop the florals trend right here!